S.Rajam is a multifaceted genius with creative talents in a variety of fields such as music, musicology, classical painting and acting. In the field of music, S. Rajam is an unparalleled authority on Vivadi ragas and has done much to popularize Koteeswara Iyer’s kritis. He has the distinction of being the only musician to have recorded all the 72 compositions of Kanda Ganamutham, most of the kritis being accompanied by Raga, Niraval and Kalpana swaras. He was also well known for keeping the Classical Indian Painting style contemporary. He has immensely contributed to enrich our cultural heritage for over six decades.
Launch and screening of the movie: 11th November 2012 at Tatvaloka, Eldams Road, Chennai (2.00 PM)
More about the above persons and topics
- A brief introduction to Carnatic music (with music examples and interactive map)
- Introduction (values in the light of modernity)
- Publications, book chapters and articles by Ludwig Pesch (Worldcat.org list)
- Suggested reading (Worldcat.org list)
- Why Carnatic Music Matters More Than Ever