How does a vainika internalize a raga1 before he or she presents it?
Information about the persons, items or topics
- Find song lyrics
- Research & Custom search engines
- The Oxford Illustrated Companion to South Indian Classical Music
- Suppliers of books & musical instruments
Learn & practice more
- A brief introduction to Carnatic music (with music examples and interactive map)
- Free “flow” exercises on this website
- Glossary (PDF)
- Introduction (values in the light of modernity)
- Video | Keeping tala with hand gestures: Adi (8 beats) & Misra chapu (7 beats)
- Voice culture and singing
- Why Carnatic Music Matters More Than Ever
- Worldcat.org book and journal search (including Open Access)
- The most concise definition of a raga may be that by Joep Bor: a tonal framework for composition and improvisation.